Thursday, December 30, 2010

A day in homemade history...

Today I took a big plunge and have officially weaned myself off of the Trader Joe's Pre-made Pizza Sauce (no offense TJ's, but it was time to try). It wasn't easy, let me tell you, but I sure am proud and amazed at how easy it is!

Fool Proof Pizza Sauce:

Ingredients:
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic (I used the pre-jarred kind from Safeway)
1 large onion - sauteed and sliced finely
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sprinkle of Dried Oregano and Dried Basil
1 small can of tomato paste (choose an "Italian" brand!)
28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes (choose an "Italian" looking brand!)

Saute onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil on low heat until translucent.
Add tomato paste and dried herbs and continue to saute.
Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until it tastes AMAZING!


No comments: